Friday, May 21, 2010

3 weeks in the US

I have been home in the US now for 3 weeks. It has been a whirlwind so far but I think things are finally about to calm down.

Things I done:
- gotten a job (waitressing)
- purchased a car (2000 Nissan Altima)
- applied for Phoenix to start pre-school
- visited Gigi's Playhouse Down Syndrome Awareness Center 3 times
- driven to Minnesota and back
- been to McDonald's Playland more times than I'd like to admit
- visited Wal-mart almost on a daily basis
- gotten a hair cut
- bought bunk beds
- basked in sunny 80F/26C temperatures
- received lots of advice from my parents in all areas of my life
- given lots of advice to my parents in all areas of their life

Things I have not done yet:
- unpacked
- applied for teaching jobs because there aren't any!!!!!!!! (ok, there are some but not where I want them...I will apply for those though!)
- applied for Ben's green card
- gotten a cellphone
- been to a Cubs game
- eaten deep dish pizza
- seen enough of my friends :(
- kept in touch with the friends I left behind :(
- renamed my blog

5 comments:

Liz said...

Miss you! Let me know if you can get together soon!

Liz

Cucina Pazza said...

you are obviously here to stay! Awesome! Are you working full time or part time? I could use help with catering if you are interested. Are you doing the walk for gigi's playhouse in June?
Debbie

Melanie-Pearl said...

sounds like you've been busy! enjoy your transition---there's always time for all that other stuff. glad to know you're here!

maybe this summer....

Sari said...

WOOOHHOOOOOO! Tervetuloa kotiin! :) Doing the happy dance and staying calm a little longer. School is out in one week and I think a road trip is in order..? Jah?

viola said...

Coool Cortsa! You r effective as always. Remember take a moment for urself every now and then- breath deep, pause and just enjoyyyyyyy everything u got going for u in life right now! And remember u got the power of SISU ! :D Loove, Viola
P.S. I too got a new cellphonenumber. Will let u know soon.